In 2023, PT DIC Astra Chemicals took significant steps in driving positive change and fostering a culture of responsibility and innovation through its Environmental, Social and Health (ESH) initiatives.
Making a Positive Impact to the Community – CSR Programs
DAC has been actively engaged in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities throughout the year:
Contributing to environmental conservation, DAC participated in planting mangrove trees in Cilamaya Wetan Karawang, West Java.
Collaborating with customers and suppliers, the team undertook tree planting and urban farming in the Jakarta area, earning recognition from the Government – Governor of West Java.
Education and Income Generation:
DAC’s CSR initiatives extended to teaching factory programs and welding training at Technical Senior High Schools.
Health Seminars and Donations:
Focusing on health, DAC provided supplementary food for toddlers, organized health seminars for the elderly, and made donations such as Automatic Fire Extinguishers (APAR) for local communities and orphanages.
Ongoing Commitment to Learning and Development
DAC places a premium on continuous learning and development. The team participated in essential training programs, including HIRADC, Safety Dojo, and Hazop. Below are some key takeaways:
- HIRADC Training: Employees gained a comprehensive understanding of hazard identification and risk assessment, reinforcing a safety-first mindset.
- Safety Dojo: Learning through hazard simulations enabled participants to proactively address potential risks and hazards.
Stellar ESH Performance – Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)
DAC has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to safety, achieving a remarkable milestone in reducing Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR). Since 2019, fire incidents have witnessed a significant decline, and the dedication of the team has led to a commendable TRIR of 0 in 2022, maintaining an incident-free environment.
How Did DAC achieve this feat?
- HIRADC Training: The implementation of Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, and Determination Control (HIRADC) training for all employees ensured a comprehensive understanding of potential risks.
- Engineering Control Program: Addressing unsafe conditions related to machinery, DAC initiated a program to transform 21% of unsafe conditions into safe conditions by reducing manual control and enhancing automation. As of December 2023, the percentage of unsafe conditions has reduced to an impressive 18%, and the team is committed to continuously review this progress.
Reducing Carbon Emissions & Supporting Initiatives
DAC’s commitment to sustainability is evident in its remarkable reduction of CO2 emissions, dropping from 3404.07 in 2022 to 2710 as of November 2023.
Some of their key initiatives as follows:
- LED Lighting Adoption: Changing traditional lamps to energy-efficient LED types contributed to reduced energy consumption.
- Process Optimization: Enhancing operational efficiency through process improvements further contributed to the impressive reduction in CO2 emissions.
We hope to receive more inspiring and motivating stories across all entities for ESH performance, sustainability, and community engagements. Cheers to an eventful and successful 2024!